Friday, June 5, 2009

Kitty in her prime!

So Kit, you're looking "really fine" here! This is the way that I like to see you! If you could put some weigh on, you'd look just like this again.

Today we went to hospital again. While you were getting your meds from the vet tech I went outside to sit on a bench. The wind was rustling the leaves on the birch trees. In the sunshine the leaves looked like silver coins. It reminded me a lot of home.

Yes, you're still not feeling up to par, but you did eat and yet you were ill on the way home in the car. Then I thought of the alternatives. You know Kitty, it's not always all about us - you and me.

While you were getting your meds I watched a family with a beautiful golden lab-cross head to the bereavement room. I knew what that meant. There was a boy about 10 years old who was trying so hard not to cry, but he was going to be saying adieu to his best friend once they entered the room. I watched his shoulders shudder, then droop a bit as he crossed the threshold with his dog beside him. The gentle wag of the dog's tail was the last glimpse I had as the door closed. I knew that the next several minutes were going to be the toughest that the little boy would have for a long time.

Try not to worry little boy and don't be too sad. Your dog will be safe and well where he's headed. I promise that you will have the chance to see him again one day.

That's a lot of heartache for one little boy to deal with. Time passes and then he'll have wonderful memories to look back on. Sleep well beautiful golden dog and go gently little boy.


I love you Kitty Kit Kit and I love little boys who love their dogs.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment