Monday, May 18, 2009

Reality finally dawned on me today

It seems to me that my best defense when it comes to heart break is writing/blogging about it. After Holling's passing two months ago, I thought I'd get a break. Ah, but that's not so!

I can't believe that it's been almost 10 months since Cassie had her operation and has explosive diarrhea on the operating table. It's been a battle since that time with every type of food imaginable to entice her to eat, sub-qs, vitamin B shots and steroids.

For the past month we've been trying homeopathic remedies with a well known veterinarian homeopath, but I now realize that we're just about out of options.

Cassie can't seem to eat without having to go to the litter box and appears to expel more than what the intake is. We had a quiet day yesterday and I was optimistic, but this morning saw the passage of fresh blood several times. Dianne and I have talked in the past about the possibility of Cassie having cancer, but at this stage in life (Cassie is between 16 and 17 years in age) I won't do anything aggressive.

Dianne isn't coming back to work for another two weeks. I hope that Cass hangs in until then so that we can have some peaceful resolution.

Cass, you've got to know how much this is tearing me up. How can you be so sick and yet so sweet and loving. I'm going to start chronicling everything while I can still remember it.

Love to you kitty kit kit,


Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment