Thursday, May 21, 2009

If it's Thursday, all must be okay

Dear Kitty Kit Kit,

I'm tired this morning. You ate very well yesterday and you slept a lot. But you were in the litter box all night and you had several accidents in various places in the house.

Dianne is coming to visit today and will check you over. I'm not sure about the direction we're going with this. You're not taking any meds. You're not passing blood but you don't have any appetite. You try to eat, but two bites is all you can manage.

You're purry and cuddly, but you don't want to go out on the deck to watch the birds and get some sun.

I hope that I am taking all of this in perspective. When Holling was getting ready to pass I forgot a lot of the details. I'm trying to think about how you were last month and how you've been. So Kitty Kit Kit, what is this thing called quality of life? How arrogant we humans are to suppose that we know what it is. I don't. You seem to be content much of the time, particularly when you are wrapped in your blanket and have your head on my shoulder. Do you have good quality of life? Please tell me.

Is there an equation that states that if this happens and then that happens, then there is a degree of quality of life? I don't know. How will I know?

Love kitty kit kit,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment