Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's another beautiful day

Today dawned reminiscent of the day that I took this photo last summer of Cass with Janet. Cass hadn't been feeling well since her operation and this was her first day out in the yard.

I received a lovely note from Dianne last night saying that she would help me release Cassie even though she's not back at work yet.

Dianne is coming is visit on Thursday and will take a look at her favorite patient while she's here.

This morning I awakened after sleeping peacefully all night with no sick kits in the middle of the night. Cass had slept well with only one small spot of blood where she had lain all night.

I had renewed hope as she went outside to survey her world. But alas, reality is with me as I found three puddles of blood in the basement by her litter boxes. She's on the deck now soaking up the sun.

Last night I held her wrapped in her favorite blanket as she slept peacefully with her head on my shoulder and her paw on my arm. I guess that if love could make all the ills of the world go away, Cass would certainly be as right as rain. Ah, but that's not so, is it?

I love you Cass and I'm going to do the right thing. You'll let me know when it's time to go, won't you?

Love kitty kit,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment